SEND NOTICE BOARD
Dear Parents and Carers,
Please see below any important dates, exciting news or links events that we think you’ll be interested in.
Tonia Pancucci – Inclusion Lead
EP Connect – Support for Parents/Carers and schools from Lewisham’s Educational Psychologist team.
Lewisham SENDIASS: Support for parents/carers of children/young people with SEND
are currently offering:
- A confidential, impartial service with a team of dedicated practitioners
- Virtual meetings with a SENDIASS practitioner
- Telephone and email support on matters relating to SEN Law
- We are providing parents/carers and young people with information and advice specific to their case
SENDIASS would like to encourage parents/carers and young people to visit the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KIDS-Lewisham-Sendiass-1317153604969071/ which has up to date information from central government, the Local Authority and the Centre for Disease Control on guidance and advice for our parents/carers; young people and schools.
Alternatively please visit their website at https://www.kids.org.uk/lewisham-sendiass which also has up to date information on what is currently happening for our families with SEND. (guidance and advice)
Please see links below for the SENDIASS Leaflet and an initial questionnaire for parents/carers and YP to complete and email to Lewisham@kids.org.uk, this will give the SENDIASS practitioners some basic information on your child’s individual case and a practitioner will contact you to offer support and advice with their concerns.
– Lewisham Autism Girls’ Group – Wednesday 12th July 2023 – 6pm-8pm. https://mailchi.mp/lewishamparentcarer/lewisham-autism-girls-group
Drumbeat Outreach Parent Workshops
– It’s Different for Girls – Tuesday 14th March 2023 – 10am-11.30am. https://www.cooperslane.lewisham.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Its-Different-for-Girls.pdf
– It’s Different for Girls – Tuesday 14th March 2023 – 6pm-7.30pm. https://www.cooperslane.lewisham.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Its-Different-for-Girls-EVENING.pdf
– Supporting CYP with School Based Anxiety leading to Difficulties with Attendance – Tuesday 25th April 2023 – 10am-11.30am. https://www.cooperslane.lewisham.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Supporting-CYP-with-School-Based-Anxiety.pdf
– Supporting CYP with School Based Anxiety leading to Difficulties with Attendance – Tuesday 25th April 2023 – 6pm-7.30pm. https://www.cooperslane.lewisham.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Supporting-CYP-with-School-Based-Anxiety-EVENING.pdf
– Preparing for Transition to Secondary School – Tuesday 16th May 2023 – 10am-11.30am. https://www.cooperslane.lewisham.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Preparing-for-Transition-to-Secondary-School.pdf
– Preparing for Transition to Secondary School – Tuesday 16th May 2023 – 6pm-7.30pm. https://www.cooperslane.lewisham.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Preparing-for-Transition-to-Secondary-School-EVENING.pdf
– Emotional Regulation Strategies – Tuesday 13th June 2023 – 10am-11.30am. https://www.cooperslane.lewisham.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Emotional-Regulation-Strategies.pdf
– Emotional Regulation Strategies – Tuesday 13th June 2023 – 6pm-7.30pm. https://www.cooperslane.lewisham.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Emotional-Regulation-Strategies-EVENING.pdf
Metro Judo – Inclusive Judo for Children with Autism:
Information on Inclusive Judo Sessions with families
Air Thrill Catford:
Special Educational Needs sessions have temporarily been stopped due to COVID-19. As soon as the sessions restart we will let you know.
The session will be exclusive to SEN Children, Parent, Carers and additional siblings but will be closed to the general public.
Please Note: Parents & Carers attend for free.
Date: Monday 24th February Time: 10am – 12pm (Under 5s), 5pm – 7pm (5 – 14yrs old)
Cost: £7.95 per child.
Magpie minis – Tuesdays 4:15 pm – 5:00 pm
Magpie juniors – Tuesdays 5:15 pm – 6:15 pm