Values are the principles that drive our thinking and behaviour. They influence our actions and attitudes, and guide us through life in all that we do. They influence our relationship with ourselves and others.
In September 2015, we asked the whole school community to tell us which values they thought were the most important at Coopers Lane School. This involved the children, parents and staff.
We decided that the following values are the most important to us and they are embedded in all we do at Coopers Lane School.
Promoting Positive Behaviour
We use a positive behaviour management system across the whole school to promote our seven core values:
* A ‘dojo point’ will be awarded when a child clearly demonstrates one of the values.
* The class is given a ‘Dojo Dollar’ every time they make it to a multiple of 10 points in a given week.
* Once awarded, Dojo Dollars are stored in a class jar and are used to buy whole class rewards from a shopping list.
* The class totals are cleared at the end of each week.
* Two children will be given certificates in the weekly ‘VIP (Values in Practice)’ assembly each Friday: one for demonstrating the values and one for demonstrating a growth mindset towards learning.
The system is consistent across the school and we would appreciate it if you would reinforce these values at home so that the children are fully aware of how to demonstrate them on a daily basis.