Coopers Lane PTA
WHAT IS COOPERS LANE PTA
Coopers Lane PTA is a charity run by volunteer parents and staff to raise money to support our school and to encourage the growth of our school community. We organise fundraising events and activities across the school year that aim to raise up to £10,000 a year. All the money that the PTA raises goes directly back to school to support the development and educational needs of the children and staff.
What we have funded
Over the past few years the PTA has funded lots of exciting projects. These have included:
- An outdoor classroom including sail canopy to provide shade, planting for Forest School area, picnic tables & bamboo planting in the junior playground
- Microphones, additional staging, sound deck and trolley for use in school productions
- Early Years storage/shelving area and playground equipment for the classrooms and play area renovations as well as a dedicated Reception sensory area
- Street Trees scheme that has allowed nine trees to be planted along Pragnell Road & Coopers Lane verges to improve the school environment and air quality
- Trestle tables and chairs used for large displays and events
- Leaving books for Year 6
- Chalks, balls, hula hoops & other play equipment as needed on an annual basis
Who we are
The PTA is run entirely by parent and staff volunteers. Every year, our volunteers give hours and hours of their time to keep the PTA running, raising thousands of pounds (even during lockdown!) to help support our school. All our committee members and volunteers each bring their unique skills to the PTA and are incredibly passionate about supporting our school community.
The current committee, that was elected at our AGM in May 2021, are:
Isobel Clift – Chair
Sharon Ibbotson – Secretary
To be appointed – Treasurer
Amanda Woodburn – Co-Treasurer
Jacks Lampon – Sports Coordinator
Claire Carter – Events & Communication Officer
How you can support the PTA
We are always looking for new volunteers to join and support the PTA. Every member of our school community is automatically a member of the PTA and we are always looking for new, innovative and creative fundraising ideas to raise as much money as possible.
You can support the PTA in a number of ways including:
- Attend our termly meetings (dates are always posted on our Facebook page & in school newsletter)
- Volunteer at fundraising events
- Attend our second-hand uniform sales & other fundraising events during the year
- Set up a regularly monthly donation through our ‘Donate Your Commute/Coffee’ scheme – even the price of a single train ticket will help us raise much needed funds (www.donateyourcommute.com)
- Donate whilst you shop online through Easy Fundraising or Amazon Smile
- Match funding or match giving – these are schemes where your employer will match any funding you raise. Please enquire with your employer to see if they offer this scheme
- Send us your fundraising ideas
In the past, we have run a regular quiz night, a ceilidh, a family movie night, a bingo night, a virtual balloon race, second hand uniform sales, active travel & green team events and our annual summer fayre. Last year during lockdown, we managed to raise over £4,000, even though we couldn’t do any in person events. This year we want to raise £10,000 and we need your help!
How to contact us & get involved
Website – www.cooperslanepta.co.uk
We want to hear from you, so please do get in touch !