Opening To All Pupils In September 2020
We have made some important changes to how we do things at Coopers Lane in order to meet the criteria outlined in the revised government guidance. Many of these changes are already in place as they have been implemented through the summer term.
Unless the current situation changes, the school will open to all pupils in September. Detailed information about the plans we will have in place can be found here – this is a working document and will be updated as needed:
The following is a summary of the changes we will implement in September:
- Children will be in their normal classes (up to 30 children).
- At times the children will mix with other children outside of the class but where possible only from within their year group bubble.
- The children will predominantly be taught by their class teacher and teaching assistant. However, classes will have some lessons taught by other adults e.g. PE, French, Art.
- Each class will have a designated area of the playground for morning break and lunch break.
- Children in Year 2-6 will sit at desks facing the front of the class.
- Children in Year 1-6 will each have a pencil case with a personal set of stationary items (pencil, pen, ruler etc).
- Movement around the school will be limited.
- We will endeavour at all times to maintain social distancing guidelines, but there is no doubt this will be almost impossible. This is particularly difficult in our reception and nursery classes.
- You will be allocated a time for drop off and pick up so that social distancing guidelines can be adhered to. The one-way system of entry and exit used during the summer term will remain in place. We will provide an instructional video for you before the start of the new school year, which will make this very clear.
- It will be helpful if you continue to model and reinforce social distancing when you are in the school grounds. Do not have social gatherings with other adults outside the school gates.
- Children will continue to wash their hands frequently at set points throughout the day. All classrooms have hand washing facilities and sanitiser.
- Children must not bring in personal equipment/toys unless absolutely necessary and only if given permission by the class teacher.
- Toilets and other shared areas will be cleaned more frequently during the day.
- Each class will have a set of cleaning materials in the classroom so that surfaces and shared resources can be cleaned.
- If your child is unwell and shows any symptoms of Covid-19 you must not bring them in to school. You must follow the government guidelines in relation to testing and self-isolation for the whole family.
- If children display symptoms of Covid-19 during the school day, the school has a designated room where the children will rest in isolation while parents are called. Parents will be asked to follow the government guidelines in relation to testing and self-isolation for the whole family.
- We will follow government guidelines if any children or staff test positive for Covid19.
Wrap Around Care
- Breakfast club and after school tea club will now run in year group bubbles.
- There will be no other after school clubs during the autumn term.
What else do I need to know?
- Only 1 adult may bring a child to and from school.
- Year 6 children are only able to walk to school on their own if permission has been requested in writing by parents and this has been agreed by the head teacher.
- You must arrive at the time allocated for drop off and pick up. If you have more than one child at the school, please arrive at the earliest time allocated. Siblings can then all arrive/leave at the same time.
- Parents will not be allowed inside the school building – contact must remain via telephone or email.
- Children will need to bring in a water bottle so that they can use it throughout the day, as water fountains will be out of use.
- Children will need to bring a clean PE kit in each week.
- Children need to wear school uniform.
- In the event of a partial or full lockdown in the future, we will continue to provide home learning resources via Google Classroom. We will provide individual login details for each child in the Autumn term.
The office will be closed to personal callers other than by appointment only. All queries should be directed by email to email@example.com or by phone – 020 8857 7680.
The office closes on Friday 17th July and will re-open on Wednesday 2nd September.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your incredible support over the past few months. It has been a challenging time for us all, but I am incredibly proud of everyone in our community for the remarkable resilience and determination shown during this time. We haven’t let Covid-19 get in the way of the Coopers Lane spirit and I have every confidence that this will continue with whatever we face in the future.
I would also like to say a massive thank you to all of the staff at Coopers Lane School for the amazing commitment they have shown to our children and families throughout the pandemic. I am inspired by this remarkable group of people. What a privilege it is to work with such a wonderful team.
Have a lovely summer break and I look forward to seeing you all in September.
- Nursery Newsletter
- Reception Newsletter
- Year 1 Newsletter
- Year 2 Newsletter
- Year 3 Newsletter
- Year 4 Newsletter
- Year 5 Newsletter
- Year 6 Newsletter
School News Posts
- Admission to Reception for 2022
- Becoming a Parent Governor
- Parent & Carer Presentations
- Parent & Carer Survey 2021
- Dates for the Diary
- Class Adults for September 2021
- The Big Pedal 2021
- A.P.D Easter Break Sports and Activity Camp
- Comic Relief 2021
- School Street
- School reopening to all pupils 8th March
- Fun In the Snow
- World Book Day 2021
- Cooking With Coopers – Christmas
- Christmas Contact Info – COVID
- It’s a GOLD month!
- Black History Month 2020
- Remembrance 2020
- WE Scare Hunger 2020
- Exciting new fundraising event from the PTA!
Contacting the School
Coopers Lane Primary School is situated in Grove Park in the borough of Lewisham. The entrance to the school is in Pragnell Road, SE12 0LF
Mon-Thu 8:45am to 3:15pm,
Breakfast Club 7:30am to 8:45am
EYFS/KS1 Lunchtime 12:00pm to 1:00pm
KS2 Lunchtime 12:15pm to 1:15pm
Afterschool clubs 3.30pm to 4.30pm
After school Tea Club 3:15pm to 6:00pm
Telephone: 0208 857 7680
Ayse Mehmet – SBM (School Business Manager)
Rachel McCulloch – Senior Admin Assistant
Karen Hill – Admin Assistant/Attendance Officer
Kerry Michael – Admin Assistant
Claire Huckle – Admin Assistant