Values are the principles that drive our thinking and behaviour. They influence our actions and attitudes, and guide us through life in all that we do. They influence our relationship with ourselves and others.
In September 2015, we asked the whole school community to tell us which values they thought were the most important at Coopers Lane School. This involved the children, parents and staff.
We decided that the following values are the most important to us and they will be embedded in all we do at Coopers Lane School.
Promoting Positive Behaviour
This year we have launched a new positive behaviour management system across the whole school to promote our seven core values:
We hope that the children will love the new system and below is a brief outline of how it will work:
* Children will each have their own ‘dojo monster’ that will be displayed in class.
* A ‘dojo point’ will be awarded when a child clearly demonstrates one of the values.
* A child is given a ‘Dojo Dollar’ every time they make it to a multiple of 10 points in a given week.
* Once awarded, Dojo Dollars are stored in a class jar and are used to buy whole class rewards from a shopping list.
* The individual totals are cleared at the end of each week.
* Midday Meals staff will give out dojo dollars at lunch times.
* Two children will be given a ‘VIP (Values in Practice) Award’ in assembly on Friday for demonstrating the values and will be able to place their picture on display in the hall for that week.
* If a child loses 5 dojo points in a week then the class teacher must phone home.
The system will be consistent across the school and we would appreciate it if you would reinforce these values at home so that the children are fully aware of how to demonstrate them on a daily basis